The Vintage Cupboard

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Crystals. Vintage Bottles, Rusty Chandiliers







I love to clear off a shelf or a window sill and give it a new look. Here is my window in the Master bathroom over our tub. It has block glass windows and I really love the light that comes in through this window. I was going for the less is more, keep it simple, philosophy. Pretty bottles with crystal beaded bottle stoppers. I thought it still needed something so I put just a tiny drop of blue food coloring in the bottle and some water. It is a very soft pale blue, I think that it looks so pretty against the glass block . I got this old Chandelier at a boutique I used to work at. With a little tweaking, I was able to put a candle in it, now at night when it is lit, it looks so beautiful with all the swirly shadows bouncing off the walls.

No comments: