The Vintage Cupboard

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Goodwill Garden Urn to Uttermost Topiary

I bought these two Garden Urns a while back at GW, they sat for a time until I could figure out something amazing to do with them. I painted them with a paint from Sherwin Williams called Creamy, then aged them with Anne Sloane clear & dark wax. Hot glued a styrafoam cone onto base, glued two kinds of Moss to give it some visual interest. I had these two Fleur Di Li finials saved from 2 lamps I bought at GW(goodwill) in case you didn't know I liked to shop there..ALOT!  I painted them same color as Urns, hot glued a bamboo skewer, then stuck it ever so nicely on the top. I see these type of Topiarys on Uttermost. Pretty happy with how they turned out. What do you think? Hopefully I have inspired you to go shopping at your local GW. Have a wonderful Day:) p.s. click on the Uttermost website, they have a Topiary on sale for $547, anyone else but me think that is so crazy

http://www.wayfair.com/Uttermost-Preserved-Boxwood-Triple-Topiary-Planter-60093-UM11191.html




1 comment:

Burlap Luxe said...

Just beautiful and the vies the topiary has in front of the window is divine.
I use to make little mini tress and topiary s and seeing yours has inspired me to want to create another.

Love the beauty you create over here.
Thank you for taking the time to visit me.

Xx
Doré