The Vintage Cupboard

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Fall Porch Decorating

Hi All
I wanted to make sure to post this while it is still Fall. How in the world is it almost time for Christmas shopping??? Easy and inexpensive touches to your front porch can quickly make it warm and inviting. Here I used Aspen stumps that I found in my Hubby's woodpile stock. Sorry Hubby! Really pretty to use them as a Pumpkin pedestal. If you elevate an ordinary item on a pedestal it instantly becomes the center of attention! I was looking for large pumpkins at Home Depot and was feeling a little irritated at the fact they cost $8 each..grrrr   I will have a pumpkin patch of my own one day, I swear:) I overheard someone saying that Walmart was selling large pumpkins for $3 so I went there and found these cuties! So while on my quest for pretty but affordable Fall décor, I found these large pots of Chrysanthemums for sale at City Market for only $7..SCORE
I had a fun Girls Weekend with some of my oldies but goodies from High School. I have these pretty little Pedestal Chalkboards that I welcomed them with. Not super complicated fall décor but looks so cozy and inviting. Remember that it doesn't have to cost a lot to add seasonal touches to your home. Just a few items here and there can make a huge statement. Happy Decorating!









No comments: